Mattoni's Cooking Blog

A veg*n cooking blog with photos, recipes, hints, secrets, and street cred. Get with it, sucka.

April 20, 2006

Spicy Hot Chocolate

This is one of my favorite hot chocolate recipes. I usually make some before doing some late night work. Then, I usually end up not doing any work because I want to make more. I guess hot chocolate that makes you not want to get anything done is not the greatest selling point, but hot chocolate that takes precedent over getting stuff done might be.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa (or carob) powder
1/2 cup soy or rice milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
The tiniest pinch of red pepper flakes















Boil some water and mix all the ingredients in your favorite mug. Once the water boils, fill the mug up to the top and mix it all with a spoon. You know how to make hot shocolate, why am I even explaining this?



















Variations:
Have you ever seen the different kinds of chocolate they have these days? Lavender, orange, raspberry, and so on. You can substitute any flavor you like for the red pepper flakes. Even some "sweeter" spices like cardamom, nutmeg, and ginger would taste good. Don't overdo it though, you want a drink, not a mug o' sludge

1 Comments:

  • At April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love hot chocolate and drink it almost every night, before going to bed.

    All of the flavored chocolates, make my 'cocoa experience' even better. :-)

    I think my favorite is raspberry.

    Merry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home